Cool files from around the internet that I want to keep track of:
- Generate a scatterplot with any r-value with this Geogebra applet by David Wees.
- Desmos calculator that zooms in on any region of a graph, by @davidkbutlerUoA.
- Vocab party files to support ELL students in Algebra 1, by Rick Barlow. (The blog post includes a link to the actual files)
- This Teachers Pay Teachers store is for Algebra 1 and seems pretty good. I haven’t checked it out in detail yet.
- Algebra tiles for Desmos (I may borrow this eventually to make a larger activity in activity builder). I’m not sure who created this, but it’s nice.
- Visualization of sin, cos, tan and reciprocals on the unit circle. By Ben Sparks.
- 1-minute dance video on end behavior and multiplicity of roots. By Julie Reulbach. Note that the 6th-degree function should be labeled “even end behavior,” not “even function.” Just discuss that with your kids.
- Self-referential multiple choice tests (like a riddle). By Mike Lawler.
- Middle school math club topics. By Benjamin Leis
Probability and Combinatorics
- Harry O’Malley on the largest number he’s ever experienced.